It’s been a minute but I haven’t forgotten about you, dear readers. I’ve just been busy figuring out how to make three weeks severance last until I find a new job…seriously, help me! For those of you that actually have disposable income, consider the following:
1. This Saturday, June 30, is the Summer BBQ Blow Out Festival. From noon to 4 pm, David Burke, Garrett Oliver, Ty-Lör Boring and chefs from Maharlika, Big Gay Ice Cream, Amali, Empire Mayo, and Maison Premiere will be serving up barbecue-inspired dishes in City’s Winery’s backyard. A $45 ticket buys you eight food servings and three hours of live music and DJ sets.
2. If, like me and my roommate, you’ve been dying to try The Darby but don’t want to spend $17 on a Caesar salad then listen up—the supper club is now offering a three-course dinner on weekdays from 5:30 to 7:30 for $45! Dishes include oysters on the half shell, Darby Waldorf salad, seared filet of beef, and blackened shrimp…and there’s even live music by the Darby Band! Pretty sweet if you don’t mind the early bird special.
3. Blackboard Eats has a good one today—30% off dinner at The Green Table in Chelsea Market. With those savings, you’ll have plenty of money left over for a dessert of seasonal ice cream or sorbet at Foragers City Table!
Posted in Deals, Restaurants | Tagged Amali, Big Gay Ice Cream, Blackboard Eats, Chelsea Market, City Winery, David Burke, Empire Mayo, Finger on the Pulse, Foragers City Table, Garrett Oliver, Maharlika, Maison Premiere, Summer BBQ Blow Out Festival, The Darby, The Green Table, Ty-Lör Boring | Leave a Comment »
Piece of (Chocolate) Cake is here to announce that the deal drought is officially over!
First, Gilt City’s got two good ones:
– For $108, you can get a four-course dinner for two and two glasses of prosecco at bistro La Promenade des Anglais. A little on the pricey side but the chef behind the chef’s menu is Alain Allegretti after all.
– If you still can’t justify it, buy this instead—a chef’s 10-dish tasting menu for two at Southeast Asian spot Betel. For $75, you get to try a little bit of everything (pork and prawn dumplings, yellow curry of delicata squash, caramelized braised beef rib) plus one seasonal cocktail per person.
Over at UrbanDaddy Perks, $35 buys you and a friend a tapas platter and two hours of unlimited sangria at Gastroarte. Tapas include txistos, empanadillas, and beef meatballs and you can get pitchers of either red or white sangria.
Finally, BlackboardEats is offering a prix fixe menu with drink pairings at cocktail bar Mayahuel. For $60, you get three courses of Mexican food, each matched with an expertly-crafted tequila cocktail. Act fast, though–it’s only available this Sunday, June 10, from 6:30–8, 7:30–9, or 8:30–10.
Posted in Deals, Restaurants | Tagged Alain Allegretti, Betel, Gastroarte, Gilt City, La Promenade des Anglais, Mayahuel, sangria pitchers, tapas, tequila cocktails, UrbanDaddy Perks | Leave a Comment »
1. On Sunday from 12-5 pm, DayLife will take over Orchard Street between East Houston and Delancey with food, a live DJ, shopping, and ping pong. Lower East Side vendors like Blue Ribbon Sushi Izakaya, Brooklyn Taco, The Meatball Shop, Melt Bakery, Mexicue, Mission Chinese Food, Russ and Daughters, and Sons of Essex will be selling food from pushcarts and (unlike Smorgasburg) there will be plenty of picnic tables…and an AstroTurf lawn? Sounds intriguing.
2. Now through October 25, the Eventi will host Hester Nights every Thursday from 4-9. Many of the fair’s popular food vendors, including Pies ‘n’ Thighs, La Sonrisa, Purple Yam and Little Muenster, will set up shop in the hotel’s open air plaza but, if that just won’t do, there’s a new Brighton Beach-themed food court inside featuring Go Burger, BLT Fish Shack, and a tiki bar. Sounds even more intriguing.
Posted in News, Restaurants | Tagged BLT Fish Shack, Blue Ribbon Sushi Izakaya, Brighton, Brooklyn Taco, DayLife, Go Burger, Hester Nights, Hester Street Fair, La Sonrisa, Little Muenster, Melt Bakery, Mexicue, Mission Chinese Food, Pies 'n' Thighs, Purple Yam, Russ and Daughters, Smorgasburg, Sons of Essex, The Meatball Shop | Leave a Comment »